What Information is Collected and How is it Used?
We do not permanently store credit card information. You may, infrequently, receive future email notifications about such things as new course offerings, changes in the website, and special promotions. You can remove your name from the email list at any time by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
What About My Credit Card Information?
HypnosisCE does not permanently store credit card information. All information on the payment page is received by PayPal, our authorized payment processor. PayPal utilizes security features even beyond Secure Socket Layer (SSL). If you would like further information about the security features at PayPal, please refer to their security information page at www.PayPal.com
Is Information Shared with Third Parties?
We at HypnosisCE do not share, rent or sell information to outside parties. If this policy changes in the future, we will post an update on our policies and procedures. You will always have the option of removing your information from the program.
Is My Personal Information Tracked by the HypnosisCE.com Website?
Our website does not track, collect or distribute personal information about visitors although some information is stored in your account if you choose to set one up. We may compile aggregate statistics such as number of visitors and pages viewed to improve the website. This information is used to improve the quality of our website.
Consent to Use Information
HypnosisCE uses security measures consistent with current information practices, to protect its website, email, and other information. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to protect data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. We restrict access to personal customer information and only allow disclosure to assist in the administrative process.
At HypnosisCE, we do not offer refunds. This is because:
- We assume when you choose to order a course, you wanted to take that course.
- When you order a course, you will automatically receive online access to download the course workbook (as a pdf file) and the course knowledge test. We will correct any problems related to a billing error. Issues related to billing will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions or problems, please contact the program administrator at email@example.com
Complaint and Grievance Procedure
HypnosisCE is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the Ethical Principles of the American Psychological Association (APA), as well as with those of any other organization for whom it provides CE courses. HypnosisCE will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants (Users).
The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the program administrator in consultation our advisory board. While we go to great lengths to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the program administrator. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant (User) has a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken:
(1) If the grievance concerns course content, or the style of presentation, the individual who has a grievance will indicate his/her comments in written format on the course evaluation. All course evaluations are reviewed by the program administrator. Confidentiality of the grieved individual will be maintained.
(2) If the grievance goes beyond the course evaluation stage, the individual can contact the program administrator by email or phone. An attempt will be made to resolve the grievance informally.
(3) If the complaint cannot be resolved informally by these methods, the written complaint will be submitted to one or more members of the advisory board. The Board will formulate a response that will be sent to the complainant.
(4) If that is not sufficient, the complainant will be referred to the Ethics Committee of his or her organization. If you have any questions or problems related to a complaint or grievance, please contact the program administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the Home Study courses offered by HypnosisCE can be taken at your home, or wherever you have the proper accommodations for you. As far as the online component, the computer-human interface available to you should allow you to adjust the font size. For example, if you are visually impaired, you can adjust the font size through your browser, and you can have someone read the material to you. If you are hearing impaired, you can tweak your computer’s audio hardware and software, or you can purchase specific adaptations for Internet use.
Copyright of the Material
All text, images, logos and information contained on HypnosisCE.com are the intellectual property of Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D. and Roy Hunter, unless otherwise registered and are protected under U.S. Copyright Act 17 U.S.C. 101-810. The courses are the property of the individual authors. No part of this website may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without prior permission from the website owner or individual course author, as applicable.Permission to reprint any of the course materials must be obtained from the author(s).
The physical and mental health information provided on the HypnosisCE website is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site-user and his or her physician. The information on HypnosisCE is not intended as a substitute for expert medical or mental health treatment or advice.
Funding of the Website
Funding of HypnosisCE comes entirely from the sale of continuing education courses.
HypnosisCE does not host any form of advertising.